If your external USB device is not recognized by Windows 10, and meet Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) error in Device Manager, use solutions right here to troubleshoot and repair the error.
As you have noticed, the USB Device in Device Manager has a yellow triangle on it:
The error can be brought on by hardware troubles. So initial, follow beneath straightforward instructions to do the troubleshooting.
1. Try the device on a various USB port. This will figure out if difficulty is triggered by a broken port.
2. Connect the device to yet another Pc. This will figure out if the external device has problem.
If there is no issue with the USB port and the device, read on and try the following methods. You can start at the leading of the list and operate your way down.
Method 1: Eliminate the Power Supply
Approach two: Uninstall the USB Driver in Device Manager
Method three : Update the USB Driver
Approach four: Disable Fast Startup
Approach five: Modify the USB Selective Suspend Settings
Table of Contents
Approach 1: Eliminate the Energy Supply
This method will repair the issue magically if the difficulty is caused by Energy Supply.
1. Take away the Energy Provide plug from Computer.
2. Restart the Pc and connect the device to the USB port.
three. Right after that, plug in the Energy Provide.
Technique 2: Uninstall the USB Driver in Device Manager
Stick to these measures:
1. Open Device Manager and expand category Universal Serial Bus Controllers and locate the USB device which is not becoming recognized by Windows.
2. Proper-click on the device and select Uninstall from the context menu.
three. Right after finishing the uninstallation, restart your Pc then Windows will reinstall the device automatically.
Approach three : Update the USB Driver
The issue can be triggered by faulty USB driver. In this case, updating driver would fix the issue.
If you are not confident playing about with drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your program and locate the correct drivers for it. You do not need to know precisely what program your computer is operating, you don’t require to danger downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t want to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the Cost-free or the Pro version of Driver Straightforward. But with the Pro version it requires just 2 clicks (and you get complete assistance and a 30-day income back guarantee):
1. Download and set up Driver Straightforward.
2. Run Driver Effortless and click Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your personal computer and detect any issue drivers.
three. Click the Update button subsequent to a flagged USB driver to automatically download and set up the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the Totally free version). Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your program (this calls for the Pro version – you will be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Technique four: Disable Rapidly Startup
If Windows is booting speedily,the external device could not be detected before the boot is completed, then the problem will happen. In this case, disabling the fast boot choice in Power Choices can resolve the problem.
1. Press Win+R (Windows logo essential and R essential) at the identical time. A Run dialog box will seem.
2. Type control in the run box and click OK button. This is to open Control Panel.
3. View by Large Icons and click on Power Alternatives.
4. Select Decide on what the power buttons do in left pane.
5. Click on Modify settings that are corrently unavailable.
six. Beneath Shutdown settings, uncheck the box subsequent to Turn on quickly startup (suggested). Then click on Save modifications button.
7. Restart your Pc and see if the issue resolves. Note your Computer will boot a small slower.
Strategy five: Modify the USB Selective Suspend Settings
Adhere to these methods:
1. In Energy Alternatives, click on Show added plans. (If you attempted Approach 2, you should know how to go to Power Alternatives. If not, go back to Method two and refer the actions to open Power Possibilities.)
2. Click Alter settings that are currently unavailable.
3. Select High efficiency and click on Modify strategy settings.
four. Click on Alter advanced energy settings.
5. Click on Change settings that are presently unavailable.
6. Locate USB settings and expand it.
7. Expand USB selective suspend setting. Disable both On battery and Plugged in settings.
eight. Click Apply button and restart your pc.
After using approaches in this post, you must resolve the Device Descriptor Request Failed error for Windows 10.
Windows 10 LSI: USB デバイス記述子の要求が失敗しました,usb デバイス記述子の要求が失敗しました。 win10,usbアドレス設定要求が失敗しました,ディスプレイ USB デバイス記述子の要求が失敗しました,デバイス記述子要求の失敗 USBポート,不明なUSBデバイス,不明なデバイスのドライバーがない,要求発行に失敗しました。 (ten)