If you’re on Windows ten and you uncover that Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter stops working, you are not alone. Numerous Windows users are reporting this dilemma as properly.
But no worries, it is attainable to repair. Here are 3 distinct approaches for you to attempt. You could not have to attempt them all just select the one that fits your circumstance description and study on.
Element 1: If you accidentally deleted it
Part two: If you see a yellow exclamation mark next to it
Part 3: If you see a Code ten error
What is Teredo Tunneling?
Ahead of we get down to the business, you might want to know what precisely Teredo Tunneling is (If you have currently recognized this, please skip this element). To know what we are dealing with, very first you want to know IPv4 and IPv6.
IPv4 is an IP protocol (with the format similar to 192.168.ten.25) which assigns our computer systems with a distinctive address which is our identity to communicate with the planet on the Net. Most of us are on the IPv4 technology.
As there are much more and more netizens and less and significantly less available IPv4 addresses, IPv6 (with the format related to 2001:DB8:::eight::417A) which brings in an uncountable quantity of addresses, is introduced.
When each pc is only utilizing IPv4 as a way of communication, they recognize every single other perfectly, so the network connection runs smoothly. But with IPv6 added in, they find it impossible to talk to each and every other and hence the network connection is a difficulty. As a result, Teredo Tunneling functions as a translator that translates IPv4 to IPv6 and vice-versa so the communication more than Web is attainable again.
Component 1: If you accidentally deleted it
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the very same time, then variety devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
2) Expand Network Adapters.
three) Click Action and Add legacy hardware.
four) Click Subsequent.
5) Click Subsequent once more. Then click Next one particular a lot more time.
6) Highlight Network adapters, and click Next to continue.
7) On the left side of the pane, click Microsoft. On the right side of the pane, click Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter. Then click Subsequent to continue.
eight) Click Subsequent to commence the installation.
9) When you see this Window, your Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter is effectively installed.
You can press this button to Scan for hardware changes to see if your Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter is listed in Device Manager.
Component two: If you see a yellow exclamation mark subsequent to it
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows key and R at the same time. Variety in regedit and press Enter. If prompted for administrator permission, please click Yes.
2) Important: Before you do any alterations in your Registry Editor, please back it up first in case any unrecoverable error happens.
Follow the path:
To locate DisableComponets on the appropriate side of the pane.
3) Correct-click DisableComponet and click Modify.
four) Adjust the worth to and click OK to save.
5) Restart your computer. See if Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter operates.
Part three: If you see a Code ten error
If this is what you see in the statues of your Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter:
Here is how you can fix it:
1) On your keyboard, press the Start off button, then variety cmd in the search box. Proper-click Command Prompt and click Run as administrator.
If prompted for administrator permission, please click Yes to continue.
2) Type in the following command:
netsh int teredo set state disabled
Then press the Enter essential on your keyboard.
Leave this window open.
three) On your keyboard, press the Windows essential and R at the same time. Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
4) Click View and Show hidden devices.
5) Expand Network adapters, and proper-click Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter and click Uninstall.
6) Click OK to confirm the uninstall of this device.
7) Go to Command Prompt window once again, type in the following command:
netsh int ipv6 set teredo client
Make confident that you have typed every letter properly and then press the Enter key on your keyboard.
8) Go back to Device Manager. Click Network adapters and Scan for hardware adjustments.
9) You ought to be in a position to see Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface option without the yellow exclamation mark.
Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Driver Situation in Windows 7